Mar 7, 2009

※Burma street in Zhonghe: Li Yuan Yunnan


Preface: I have known Burma street in Zhonghe long time ago, but until I read it on a Japanese magazine that SKY had shown me, I didn't know Burma street is internationally famous now.

I always love Southeast Asia food. When I get to Burma street from Xingnan road, the whole atmosphere is different. There is some kind of exotic smell all over the area, and it makes me wonder where I am for a second...

Anyway, there are a lot of great restaurants on Burma street in Zhonghe. Unless you have some kind of obsessive-compulsive disorder (as for cleanness and smell), you will love here as much as I do.

Zhonghe 中和市 is a city in Taipei county, there is a river between Taipei city and Zonghe.

Enjoy.

Here is the Chinese version.

※一週最愛Favorite of the week



Take Taipei MRT to Nan-Shin-Jiao station, then get on Xingnan street and keep walking toward south. Walk pass Zhonghe high school for a few minutes Huaxin street will be on the left hand side.

Make a left turn to Huaxin street, the whole street smells differently, I guess it is the smell of cooking, the incense of Burma food.


Let's start from the beginning of the street, let's start with Yunnan Li Yuan Muslim restaurant on 9 Huaxin street, which closed every Thursdays.


They are always busy in the store, and that's a fresh guarantee.


Chinese characters would be some kind of decoration. It's good to have pictures to help people who don't understand Burma.


They have the best Indian scone in the city. I guess what makes it tastes so good it's because of the freshness. Their scone is thin and not so oily, much better than the ones we have at department stores' basements in Taipei city.


I ordered a Indian scone with pea dipping, with a hot Burma milk tea. You can get instant Burma milk tea in any grocery store on Huaxin street. It tastes a bit of like Thai milk tea, but it got sweeter and more taste of the tea.


Indian scone is small, if one scone can't fulfill the needs you can order chicken soup with rice noodle. The food on Burma street has some kind of depth which is hard to find in Chinese food. Aftertaste is always required.

Afterwords: The restaurants on Burma street in Zhonghe can't be judged by normal standard. They have few things in common:
1, The stores may look old but don't have to be unclean,
2, Food is cheap,
3, Most of them are friendly.
Due to those qualities, I won't put up the chart here since it doesn't mean anything about what we think on Burma street anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment