Dec 6, 2008

※ Rice noodle on Minle St.⑩

Preface: I have been lazy about translating my articles into English for awhile, since SKY is back, I guess it's good to let her start working for the blog as well :P.

Start from this week, I'll pick an article and make it as my favorite of the week every Saturday. So please bear with my English (since it's not my first language), all I would like to do is just introducing Taipei to people who can't read Chinese.

I guess I'll start with good food in delicacy section today since Taiwan is famous by its delicious food all over the world.

Here is Chinese version if you would like to relive the sensation again.

※一週最愛Favorite of the week



This is a great dining place with old-fashioned taste near by Yong-Le market(永樂市場) . The environment around is a bit messy, people come and go but most of the time there are full of people. The address of this place is No.3, Minle St., Datong District, Taipei City.(北市大同區民樂街三號)


It's too bad the map is in Chinese, only have simplified map in English. You can always look up places by addresses, it's always a challenge to look for something in a foreign city, especially in Taipei.


I introduced this dinning place to my Japanese friends (which are SKY's mom and her friend). SKY's mom runs a business in the fish market and she knows seafood the best. When I took them to this place and had Tetrapturus (旗魚, I am not sure this is the right word. It's fish anyway) rice noodle, both of them loved it. Even the friend of SKY's mom was a typical Japanese lady, she got the bowl of the noodle and ate up everything in the bowl. They didn't speak a word of Chinese, still they came all the way to praise the cook of this dining place.

Actually the side dish is good here, and all of them are deep-dried stuff. It was hot when I re-visited here so I didn't order it at all.


The rice noodle here is longer and thinner than the one we use to have in East Taipei. A chunk of fish meat but not so fishy taste, then add some shallot (紅蔥頭? not so sure ) and leeks, one of the best fishy rice noodle I ever have for years!

Food comment board

No comments:

Post a Comment